From the "Autostrada del sole" (higway) exit at Firenze Impruneta. Follow the direction indicated in this map till you find the Arcetri's gate . Cross the gate, walk up and you will find the venue (Department of Physics and Astronomy "Garbasso building"): it the first building at the top of a flight of steps.
Get off at Firenze Santa Maria Novella railway station. Then the easiest way is by taxi (around 15-20 minutes in normal traffic conditions, ~20 EUR). You can also take the bus (see below).
There are two bus lines that leave you close to the venue: Line 11 and Line 38a. It is better to buy the tickets before you get on the bus. You can buy them in a "Tabacchi" store (look for blue signs with a white T).
- Here you find a map with the stops of BUS LINE 11. Get off the bus in Gelsomino 01 (stop 26 in the map), and then walk up Viale del Poggio Imperiale. Then turn left to take Largo Enrico Fermi, and you will find the Arcetri's gate on the right side.
- Here you find a map with the stops of BUS LINE 38a. The line starts at Porta Romana square, where you can arrive from the city center using BUS LINES 11 (stop 24 in the map), 36 (stop 7 in the map), or 37 (stop 7 in the map). Get off in the stop Fermi (stop 4 in the map), and you will see the Arcetri's gate.
Cross the gate, walk up and you will find the venue (Department of Physics and Astronomy "Garbasso building"): it the first building at the top of a flight of steps.
You can also use the new city bike-sharing service by Mobike. You can dowload the app and know how it works here.
Useful airports to get to Firenze are: Firenze Amerigo Vespucci, Pisa Galileo Galilei, and Bologna G. Marconi.
- The airport Amerigo Vespucci in Firenze is connected with many European and italian main cities, and with the two italian intercontinental airports (Roma and Milano).
From the airport you may take a taxi to downtown (20 min, ~20 EUR) or to Arcetri (30 min, ~30 EUR). Otherways you can get a bus shuttle to the Santa Maria Novella railway station, and follow the directions given above.
- From Pisa Galileo Galilei airport a direct bus will bring you to the Firenze Santa Maria Novella railway station in about one hour (~6 EUR).
- From Bologna-Marconi airport you can get a bus shuttle to the Bologna Centrale railway station (6 EUR) from where you'll get to Firenze S. Maria Novella in about one hour.
Here you find a list of hotels & apartments close to the venue: